Tuesday 24 April 2018

Proof! Voice = Brand Recognition

How important is a voice to product/service recognition?  You be the judge...

Any good marketing person will tell you your logo, packaging, colours, even your building construction can all add to successful branding.  As a voiceover talent, I know voice is another of the things that helps with branding/recognition.  This point was never so strongly made to me until just the other day.

I was sitting at my desk while a co-worker was dealing with a new technician of ours.  I’d heard his name, Bruce, mentioned a number of times.  But when I heard him speak, I slapped my hand on my desk and jumped up, exclaiming, “You’re THAT Bruce!”  You see, Bruce and I hadn’t seen each other in years.  Many years!  We knew each other very well back then, but now we’re in our middle years and each had physically changed - but our voices hadn’t.  I knew right away, this was my old friend, Bruce, from Radio Shack!

See? I even remembered what company he was with!  His voice immediately brought that to mind - and he’s not even some voiceover talent/actor, reading scripts for a service, he’s just my old friend, Bruce, from Radio Shack.

Now, put an easily recognizable/memorable voice alongside a slide show or video about your service or product and see how quickly that works for your own brand recognition!



No comments:

Post a Comment